Friday 16 January 2009

The finisher!

After another 2 hours of lessons in which I learnt to go from "falling leaf" to turning down the slope, then back to "falling leaf" again, I had my 2 hour finisher lesson - this was basically the final lesson which meant once passed I would be allowed on the slope unsupervised.

The lesson didn't start well, the hire board I had been using had loose bindings, not majorly loose but loose enough that they moved about a little and even at this early stage I could tell the difference as the board wasn't responding to me as much as it had on previous lessons.
I spoke to the instructor about it who was great and tried (in vain) to fix the problem - eventually it got to the point where he couldn't get the bindings back on the board so went off to get me another one, in the meantime I got to use one of the instructors own boards and I really saw the difference using that! It felt 100 times better!

In the end the instructor returned with another board and I continued with the lesson, this one was all about learning to link turns, so going from "falling leaf", turning down the slope, then turning right round to "falling leaf" on the other edge, so from heel to toe, then back again. This was basically the final step in being able to travel from the top of the slope to the bottom in a controlled manner.

At the end of the lesson the instructor told me I had passed but advised a couple of free ride sessions prior to my holiday in order to get the best out of what I'd learnt - I booked another 2 hours to tide me over until the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment