Friday 5 June 2009

Finally back on the slope & I landed a kicker!

Despite the fantastic holiday in January, my eagerness to go away again & my snowdome membership - it's actually taken me this long to get back to the snowdome and on a board!

It was a present from my girlfriend who is a skier (& knew I wanted to get back on the slope), we went for a 2 hours recreational session which I was interested to see how I managed after 4 months of no boarding!

Well, it turned out I managed just fine, got straight back into it and found my feet fairly quickly.

Towards the end of the session I even had a breakthrough, I attempted a small kicker (jump) half way down the slope - having ridden past it on every run and thinking about the one in France I wished I'd tried out.

I just slowed up as I approached, then made sure I hit it dead on. First attempt and I fell on landing - just a controlled fall so wasn't too bad really and I was determined to try again.

My 2nd attempt was much better, I took the same approach, but just somehow had the confidence as I figured I could do this - and I did! I landed it twice in a row before our session on the slope came to an end.

Needless to say, this session - and particularly the success with the kicker - totally rekindled my thirst for snowboarding, & I vowed I would try and visit the snowdome at least once a month from now on - preferably more!
I also soon found myself back on the goneboarding snowboarding forum and scouring ebay for the next purchase...

No comments:

Post a Comment