Sunday 14 June 2009

My first board & bindings.

As mentioned in my previous post, my re-kindled love of snowboarding sent me scouring the internet for "things I need to buy" (this is what I do when it comes to hobbies) and I stumbled across a guy selling his snowboard, bindings & bag for an incredibly reasonable £110!

The board was a Salomon "Driver", 160cm length. The bindings Burton "Contour"

Obviously it meant very little to me, all I knew was that the board was roughly the right length (I'd actually ridden a 155 on holiday but my height dictates that 160 is about right) and the bindings were big enough for my size feet / boots.
Most importantly, it was an absolutey blinding bargain!

So I popped along and met the guy selling them, who had boarding briefly then swapped his sport of choice to skydiving (fair play) and soon became owner of my own gear! All I needed now were boots but this was a job for a snowboarding shop as I'd read a million times over that the most important piece of equipment was the boots and they had to fit & fit well!

With a plan to go to the snowdome again in a fortnight, the search for boots was on!

No comments:

Post a Comment