Monday 6 July 2009

Almost back up to scratch!

I had another 2 hour session at the snowdome today, 2nd time using my new gear and I was hoping to make progress.

After another shakey start on my new board (but luckily no falling) I started to get back into my comfort zone and get used to the equipment more. By hour number 2 I was a lot happier, had the kicker been out I would have been going for it - I even came close to ollying but think a little more practise is in order for that one!

There were however a couple of "boxes" out (I think that's the correct name for them) and I watched some of the other guys there going down them - they were clearly hugely more experienced than me & also hugely younger which I guess is just life! lol

I was very tempted, doing a 50-50 (basically riding straight onto the box, straight down it then off without turning your board) seemed like a fairly simple prospect - I know the board accelerates when you ride the box so you need to lean forward more but that's about it.

Apprehension got the better of me though and I decided it was better left until my next session as I didn't want to knock my confidence after a successful ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment